Saturday 20 September 2008

Milton Glaser




Im sure we all recognise this iconic logo and Bob Dylan cover by Milton Glaser; on a recent University trip to New York I had the chance to hear Glaser talk about his work. This inspired me to look at more of his stuff and I was not dissapointed. His work is often vibrant, fresh and modern, he seems to keep update with what is going on in his surroundings and uses them to create his next piece. I like his laid back attitude towards his designs, his designs are often simple and straight to the point to create maximum impact. For example his recent poster of 
George Bush and the oil crisis. It is visually funny and presents the message clearly that Bush is "oil hungry" with just a simple change to the original photo. This is the kind of design I love to look at, simple but clever.




No comments: