Wednesday 10 September 2008

A glass and a half full of joy


I'm sure you are all familar with the recent Cadbury adverts, I like many others really enjoyed the first Gorilla advert with the Phill Collins sound track. It was different, certainly grabbed your attention and provided some humour. Although I enjoyed the advert i'm not sure I understood what the advert was about or what it was advertising. They made a follow up advert with trucks driving around an air field to the soundtrack of Queen, and even more recently they have used the same two adverts but with different soundtracks. These however have only irratated me to the point where I turn over, I can't put my finger on what particularly gets to me, maybe because I don't understand the message or link to the product advetised? I just don't know.

I guess the point to any advert is to make you remember or talk about the product, well they have successfully acheived that whether it be a good repsonse or bad response they got me talking and maybe they think like the old catchphrase "all publicity is good publicity". If anyone can enlighten me to the thinking behind these adverts please let me know, then maybe I can start to enjoy them like the majority of other people do.

No comments: